Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Keeping a Secret....NOT!

Sophie Kinsella, author of the (in)famous Shopaholic series, writes Can You Keep A Secret in a witty, light, HILARIOUS way! I kid you not when I say that I could NOT put the book down. I settled in bed around midnight, meaning to read a couple of chapters before going to sleep.

Uhmmm....NOT! I read through the ENTIRE book and ended at 4 am! Hehehehe! I could NOT put it down! I was laughing out loud then would automatically look at Ranger and Japa, hoping I didn't wake them with my guffaws! :)

Emma Corrigan, a nervous flyer, thinks that she will meet inevitable death when her plane hits turbulence. She grabs the arm of a complete stranger and babbles ALL her secrets away. They land, and Emma thinks she will never see the stranger again. Wrong!

This stranger turns out to be the CEO of the company she works for! And with every conversation they have, the stranger, Jack Harper, constantly refers to some of Emma's secrets. And so begins a story that is emotionally exhausting and hilarious at the same time. Again, I could not put it down; I really wanted to find out how everything would turn out!

Light reading, definitely a Chick Lit book. No guy would probably be caught dead reading this, but it is just SO fun!!! Take it to the beach, and enjoy it!

Happy reading! Back to Shakespeare now.......

No comments: